A POS system for a restaurant in India usually costs 10,000 or more. While on-premise solutions are Expensive to Install and maintain,
A cloud-based POS like SlickPOS is quite affordable and also offer monthly subscription plans.
Based on installation type, POS can be classified as on-premise or cloud-based. On-premise solutions requires elaborate installation whereas cloud-based POS systems can be just logged in and run on a browser.
To setup a cloud-based POS system, all you need is a desktop / mobile / tablet along with thermal printer and Internet.
Restaurateurs have to perform a balancing act:
- Maintaining consistent quality of services while ensuring higher
- revenue (that is, directly related to the number of diners).
- To do so, they require all the tools that can make their day-to-day
- process easier. Fortunately, a restaurant management software
- comes with all the features that can help improve and enhance
- every possible function within a restaurant, be it kitchen order
- management, online ordering, timely food delivery or inventory management.
The main module of Restaurant Management Software includes accepting payments and tracking sales. The POS usually includes table and
on-site POS via kiosk, handheld, or tablet, so that you can take orders remotely from the main cashier register. The POS links with
inventory management, credit/debit cards, and payment gateways.