An Air Purifier or air cleaner is a device which removes contaminants from the air in a room to improve indoor Air Quality. These devices are commonly marketed as being beneficial to allergy sufferers and asthmatics, and at reducing or eliminating second-hand tobacco smoke.
- Relieves Symptoms of Asthma.
- Eliminates Harmful Chemicals from Indoor Environments.
- Neutralizes Unpleasant Odors.
- Reduces the Chances of Airborne Diseases.
- Improves Sleep.
- Removes Harmful Radon.
- Eliminates Hazardous Asbestos Particles.
- Can Increase Life Expectancy.
The commercially graded air purifiers are manufactured as either small stand-alone units or larger units that can be affixed to an air handler unit (AHU) or to an HVAC unit found in the medical, industrial, and commercial industries. Air purifiers may also be used in industry to remove impurities from air before processing. Pressure swing adsorbers or other adsorption techniques are typically used for this.